Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Heart Strings

"But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
~Matthew 7:14


So, lots of things have been going on in my head as well as my heart lately. There are times I'm so thankful the Lord knows my thoughts, desires, and intimate secrets because quite honestly I'm not always sure I even do. In fact, I know there are times I don't. Other than that, I don't know what I should even type about at the moment much less if I even should. I'll just leave you with a very small piece of my journal for today that I pray will speak to you. May Jesus do whatever it takes to draw you to Him. It may not be easy, but will always be worth it.





Blessings to all.

"This life is not about self-actualization. It’s not about figuring out
what I am meant to do. My purpose is to know You, Lord. You spoke
volumes to me about this leading up to Africa, as well as in Africa. You
even continue to teach me now that I’m back. So, you want me to know
you? You are crying out for me to seek you in all of this confusion
in my head. I’m trying, Lord. Don’t try. Do it. I hear you, Jesus. You have given me the ability to know you. For goodness sake, your Spirit resides in my heart. It’s not of me, anyways. It never is. I don’t mean to make it all about me, Jesus. I hate how somehow it usually does end up that way. I’m being distracted... Okay, I get it. I'm allowing myself to be distracted. There are so many distractions. Please, Lord—help me to focus only on You and pleasing you in EVERYTHING that I do."




No comments: