Thursday, March 10, 2011

Silly Heat

So, I had intentions of updating on the past few days right now, but plain don't feel like it. How's that for a reason? :) I'm not feeling my best, so really, it's just because i'm tired and writing these takes brain energy. There's nothing to worry about, I'm okay, but just not 100%. I haven't really been sleeping all that well the past few nights. The heat tends to be a stealer of sleep-at least sleeping straight through the night without waking up a few times. My throat started feeling scratchy yesterday and I started getting all stuffy. Plus, my energy has just been zapped out of me the past few days. It really is amazing....I wake up tired. Then, yesterday my stomach decided to feel not so good off and on...for no reason.

All of this to say, I'm going to see Norma tomorrow. :) It brings me so much joy knowing that Norma can say, "Come on over to the compound and i'll fix you up!" I'm still praising God for how He orchestrated her and I being here together.

The biggest thing I'd ask you to pray for is energy. I feel like I'm dragging my body everywhere. I still WANT to do everything, but my body is dragging behind. It's not even that I'm doing all that much or even out in the sun a lot, either. David Kaya asks me EVERY time I'm seeing him if i'm drinking enough water. I just love how he takes care of me. Of course, I am. (Don't worry, Dad...i'm doing my best to take care of myself!) He explained that it's just the heat...so when I tell him, "But i'm not in the sun a lot!!" he gently reminds me and my pride (I feel like a wimp and don't even like admitting that I'm not feeling 100%) that this is the hottest time of the year here, it's HOT even for the Sudanese, and that he finds himself waking up tired! I was like, "MEEE TOOOO!!" He smiles and tells me it's because even in the night when we are sleeping our body is working, working, working because of the heat. It's normal.

Phew. Good to know. :)

Just to give you a snippet of the past two days so you are anxiously awaiting a more detailed post... :)

-first education seminar/discipleship training...lots of GOOD questions from the clients.
-second education seminar/discipleship training...we have a date and time already set up to start meeting every week!!! It starts this SATURDAY! woo hoo!

...get your prayer caps ready...more people to specifically be praying for!

2 comments:

Amy Vradenburg said...

Praying for energy for you. I picked up Pete and Joanne from San Francisco International yesterday, and they said the same thing about the heat. They had an amazing time with Francis and CEF and the prison ministry as well. I see glimpses of the lastest team efforts and all I can say is God is good! His transforming work is all encompasing. =) Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Will do sis. Your updates are uplifting and reassuring. I am so proud of your work and dedication to spreak the great news. We are eagerly awaiting mom's arrival in Lubbock for spring break here and the boys are having a hard time sleeping the last few nights as well. Cold in the house. Wouldn't that be nice huh. Drink up and prayers are being said for you daily. Get some rest. Love You!