Friday, July 3, 2009

I ate a piece of meat...

...and it tasted like roast. It was my first bite of meat while here. It wasn't too bad, either! :)

So, I spent all day in prison. I would spend all my days in prison if they consisted of what today's consisted of. I find myself continually thinking, "How do I expain this in words??" It's so hard. Favor of God Ministries goes to the Ugandan Government Prison often and ministers to the inmates there. They bring them Bibles and other reading materia. They bring absolute TRUTH to those that are hungry and thirsty for change...for Jesus. Yesterday and today they did what they call a conference. They had a number of different pastors and speakers come to speak on the theme of the conference.."Let my people go." Oh, man, the spiritual and literal meaning was abundant. I am so full right now I just can't stop thinking on all of the Truth that was shared over the number of hours we sat there. First off, let me explain what it looks like. You walk up to this HUGE SOLID metal door. There is no handle on the oustide. You have to stand there and wait for the guard to let you in a small door in the center of the HUGE SOLID metal door. You can only take in your Bible and water. That's it. They lock you in a center area and close one door ..when that is bolt locked they then open the other one to enter into the prison courts. It's just a huge open field with the buildings in a squre around it. We walk straight across the field to the new building build specifically for the prison fellowship. (aka the church) You can hear the voices of praise before you even get into the Prison....it just draws you in. Once we get to the building they have plastic lawn chairs (which are really good chairs here) up in the front for their guests to sit. Everyone else sits on the floor on rice mats. So, we americans get the nicest of nice. It's so humbling and I hate it. But, out of respect we do as they wish becuase it's a privledge for them....we get served the bottled cokes...no one else. It's just amazing...

Okay, lacking time...more later.

Jess

No comments: