Saturday, July 4, 2009

Break my heart for what breaks Yours

My heart broke today. I couldn't help but cry. 3 children..twin boys and a little girl just showed up at Norma's gate as we were all relaxing after going to the market and walking around Gulu town all day....Norma let them in and asked what they were here to do and they said they wanted to play...but she said she knew they came because they were hungry...that was an understatement. They were starving. We fed them...and they kept eating and kept eating and kept eating..Norma finally went to the market to get some milk and bread and donuts for them. We played futbal and ran around and laughed...they were such a blessing. They tried to teach me Acholi...I have no idea what I was saying! lol. They were amazingly dirty...so Norma and Sherry went back to the market and bought them all a new outfit and shoes...and we took those kiddos in and bathed them-scrubbed 'em good- and lotioned 'em up and had them put on their new clothes and they looked so smart as the Ugandans say...beautiful...and most importantly happy. They came not even wanting to look us in the eye and left hanging all over us and giggling and hugging us. You just wait until you see the pictures of these 3. They are absolutely priceless...Jesus knew they just need to be loved. My heart just broke. He allowed us to be His hands and feet to these children. I was so humbled. Even now it makes my eyes water up. We were going to send them home with a lot of bread so they'd have something to eat tomorrow until they go back to school on Monday where they get fed during the day, but asked them if the older kids would steal it from them and they said yes..so we sent them home with a piece each and will give their dad the rest tomorrow at church. AND as we were playing out in the compound running around we looked and there were little holes in the fence and all the neighborhood children were watching us play and talking to us through it. I almost came unglued. Eric just gently reminded me that God brought these three to us and it was these 3 we will be able to help...one at a time..or this time-3. What a blessing. He is just so good. I pray that all they remember from today is that Jesus loves them. I pray that they will one day be able to remember the mazungus that loved them..and told them they were loved...by Jesus. They were just so beautiful.

I do pray often that the Lord will break my heart for what breaks His. Today that was accomplished. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments: