Thursday, July 2, 2009

From the Pearl of Africa

Hello!!

I am praising God for electricity and hot water. We got home tonight and we had both for the first time! :) Hence, the ability to update you on all that the Lord is doing here in Uganda.

Our journey here went well. We had an hour delay in Amsterday as we were on the plane because "a door was not shut correctly". They then proceeded to tell us to unbuckle our seatbelts and follow directions as needed. I don't even want to know...all in all we reached Uganda safely! I felt like I was home as I walked into the airport in Entebbe.

I cannot put into words what a blessing it was to see familiar faces of friends I made last year. Thank you, Lord. Yesterday we were able to go to St. Joseph's Catholic Hospital Lacor. It's one of the best here. We walked up and were told we'd be going to pray and share the Gospel in the Children's ward. My heart sunk in my chest. I knew then it was going to be heart breaking and prayed the Lord would give me the strength. As we walked in it took everything in me not to break down right then and there. As far as my eyes could see there were little precious children and their moms and dads with them. ...everywhere..and so, so sick. We had the chance to walk into one section of the ward and pray for the sick babies and their family. I'll let you in on one of many wonderful thing our God does. We were sharing the Gospel with a number of adults that were all sitting around one bed (because they had 2 or 3 small children in one bed) and one of the women heard us. We then went to her to talk to her and ask what was wrong with her little girl. She was 4 and had malaria really really bad. Her feet for incredibly swollen and her mom said she hadn't been able to walk in 2 weeks. Billy, our translater, Eric and I shared the Gospel with her and we began praying for her little girl. Billy was praying for her legs, etc and prayed for a miracle..for a miraculous healing. He layed his hands on her and we were all praying so hard for this precious child. As soon as we said Amen the mom pulled her daughter up into a standing position and let her go and she stood..by herself...and THEN walked about 4 steps into Billy's arms. I saw a miracle. ..and He does this ALL of the time!! We just have to open our eyes to see them!! ..and have the FAITH to believe Him!..of course, that did me in and I began to cry. Our God is just so good. As I sat on the floor of this incredible dirty, over crowded concrete floor of this hosptial and held the hand of a younger mother of a baby who had cerebal palsy I just couldn't help to be in awe of the love God offeres us. He is our hope and He is our healer. Praise God.

Oh, man the worship. It's music to my ears (literally haha)!!! I truly do believe it's what it'll sound like in Heaven one day. Oh, what a treat that will be..

We got to go to the Prison today...the sang...and i cried tears of joy. It was so beautiful. Man, if I could only tell you how beautiful. ...tomorrow we are going back and I will be able to speak the Word to a large number of male and famale inmates. I feel the Lord wants me to speak on His power.. Please pray He will give me His words and not mine...it's going to be wonderful.

GUESS WHAT?!! So, last year I wanted to but didn't get the opporutnity to stay the night in an IDP Camp. Well, my friends and family...Monday or Tuesday just might be that opportunity!! Don't worry, God is in control and i'll be just fine. Plus, if it makes you feel any better Eric will be staying out there, too. I can't wait to completely immerse myself in to their culture. I love these beautiful people. I really do.

Oh, we went to the House of Hope (orphanage) tonight and worshipped with those amazing children. I was able to give them each a teddy bear that I brought for them. They loved them!!! It's wasn't long before the little girls had them tied up on their back like the Ugandan women do with their babies. Precious.

There is so much more to say, but not enough time. Please continue to pray for us as we share Christ's love. I can't believe I get to be a part of this. Truly, it's humbling.

Until next time,

Jess

No comments: