Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up & Stuff

So it's 6:30 p.m. and I haven't left work yet. In the midst of finishing up some things I have decided I want to blog, and I can, so I am. There.

So on Friday I drove to Katy, TX after work to my sis' new apartment. I went for work, but stayed to hang out and spend some time with my sis since she just so happened to move to Katy just a little bit ago. It worked out perfectly. After I did my work thing all Friday morning and afternoon and she did her work thing also, I headed up to her school to help her with some last minute things before classes start. My sister has her own classroom. Crazy. It was really neat to see her being able to stress over her own classroom!! Well, of course not the stressing part, but the 'own classroom' part. I am so proud of her. Katie, I'm proud of you. She is going to be an amazing Art teacher and I just can't wait to hear about all of the lives she touches and molds. We were up there for a number of hours and decided to go shopping (since it was tax free weekend) at the mall.

If you know me, I'm not typical a mall person. It was fun though! Oh, and I got to see my sister use her charm and influence on 3 employees at one of the stores. (2 who just so happened to be younger, cute boys that seemed to do whatever she said) She would be able to get the manager to give her HIS 30% off discount as well as the 'seasonal blah blah something discount of 10% PLUS the AARP/Senior Citizen discount of 10%. Trust me...you want to hear this. She said, "Yeah I was a Senior in may (IN COLLEGE) and I'm an American CITIZEN!" and he said....OK, that works for me! So, all in all she got a 38.00 pair of pants for 8 bucks. All this because she asked if they gave teacher discounts and they said no and she worked them from there!! I had half the mind to say "Hang on a sec."..and just go randomly grab clothes to buy for ME knowing it'd be like 5 bucks for anything the way she was going! haha. I didn't, no worries. She was proud, needless to say. I think if we stayed a little longer she would have been able to just walk out the door with those pants.

So we shop some more and then the mall is about to close and we are rushing because we were heading to a movie that was starting soon (warning: those who are not use to going to 10:30 p.m. movies and are usually sleeping by then should probably reconsider the idea. AKA my sister who was falling asleep after the first 45 minutes. ...you know you were, Katie. haha) So we are walking pretty fast with bags in our hands and my sis is in front of me and next thing I know I'm practically doing the splits and my right foot is sopping wet. How many people ACTUALLY slip in melted ice cream while walking in the mall?! That would be me. It was so gross. Katie missed it, but I'm sure she would have been laughing really hard if she hadn't. I jerked so fast to catch myself and shook my foot in an unproductive effort to sling the melted ice cream off of my now completely sticky foot. As I walk off I realize my 3rd and 4th toe are now successfully stuck together. I really thought about just how awesome that was when I got to the car and sat down and realized my back hurt a little bit right along with my right knee. Go figure. Some things you just have to laugh about. (my back and knee feel fine now thank the Lord)

Saturday we ran errands, hung out, watch 1 1/2 movies...yet another warning: DO NOT BUY THE $3 DOLLAR MOVIES THAT ARE ON SALE!! What can I say?? I'm cheap sometimes. Don't blame me, I get it from my dad. The second one was so awfully boring I just couldn't make myself finish it. Like how I left those for you to keep, Katie?! Haha. Enjoy.

Sunday was awesome. I went to church with Katie at First Baptist Houston. (her church) I just loved it. Besides it being amazing worship music, a solid message, friendly people (which was just so refreshing) I got to worship just 5 seats away from Beth Moore. That was just a neat little blessing. Church on Sunday made me really aware of a couple of things. I'm still thinking on them and might get back to you later on those. Overall, I was extremely blessed and encouraged.

This weekend was good. I needed it. Thank you Jesus for always knowing what I need, especially when I don't' have a clue!!

3 comments:

Katherine Page said...

yes i noticed! I began to call you and then realized that you probably left them for me! hehe.

you thought i was stressing now! o you are missing it now baby!

and you make me sound like im a hussler! or HUSSLA! Jessica!

Jessica said...

A little husslin' here and there will never hurt...haha! :)

Unknown said...

it is time for an update again little missy! I have already read this one! haha! love and miss you!