Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rejoicing in Salvation

So, the Lord continues to place things on my heart and allows my life circumstances to reflect what He wants me to learn. It is a really neat/tough/eye opening/humbling thing to experience.

I found out on Monday morning that the 17 year old who was in the serious four wheeler wreck and who was adopted just over a week ago, accepted the Lord and surrendered his life to Christ on Sunday night. Man, just typing that makes me want to do two things. One, shout for joy and two, bawl my eyes out because of the wondrous power and sovereignty of God. Rest assured, that is exactly what I did on Monday morning when I read the email. To give you a mental picture, this is how it happened.....I open my work email first thing sitting down at my desk on Monday morning, still getting in the mood for a new week including all of the new experiences, new trials, new blessings. I read the words "bowed his head with me and asked Jesus into his heart and life" and proceeded to scream(yes, loudly) and threw my hands in the air (as if I were saying GOAAAAALLLLLLLLLL or if you prefer American football--TOUCHDOWN!!!), scared the secretary to death as she's staring at me wondering what in the world was going on with me, get up and run into the main office area literally jumping up and down and start bawling at the same time while telling her what I just read. I then ran down the hall and shared it with the president and other office workers. I then went across the street and shared it with everyone over there. It has been a long (short in time) road and I just KNEW it was a matter of time. I knew it-without-a-doubt, 100% knew it was just a matter of time. I sit here and wonder why in the world I don't have that kind of faith all of the time? With this situation, I felt as if the Lord specifically told me what I needed to say, when and how exactly He wanted to use me and that through that He was going to not only be glorified but receive a new son. Thank you Jesus for giving me that faith--I know it's not of me, it never is. The Lord faithfully gave me words to speak and love to share. Oh, Lord for blind faith in every single thing--big and small.

Here is what has been running through my head since Monday. Why don't we (true followers of Christ--including me) rejoice like that all of the time when learn of the salvation of a soul?? I was REALLY bothered on Monday. Think about it--i know 98% (my own statistic pulled out of no where) of the American population has been and will continue to be addicted to the Olympic games. There are many, many who are up on their feet shouting and cheering for whatever American it is competing in whatever event. For example, the American relay swim the other night...yeah--awesome. I was right along with everyone else up on my feet in awe of the sheer ability to swim and win like that. I ask myself, do I cheer for Christ and His work like that?! Do I rejoice in salvation like that? In my walk with the Lord, if I truly strove to talk, think, act as He did, wouldn't I also rejoice as He does?! I am positive Jesus wept in joy when Trey called out to Him. The Heavens REJOICED!!!
"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sleep.'" Luke 15:4-6
Why don't we want to be a part of that?!! Why are Christians able to go to a sporting event and cheer their heads off yet fail to realize the importance of the salvation of a soul? All I know is God has really laid this on my heart. I tend to be an emotional person and in no way to I expect others to react like me--I'm me and you are you, but as believers we are united at the cross. The cross that our Savior died on for the Salvation of our souls. I told myself on Monday that I would not allow myself to feel embarrassed at my sheer Godly joy and reaction to the email that I now have printed out and sitting up on my desk as a reminder of just how good the Lord is. I refuse.
"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord." Romans 12:11

"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the gentile." Romans 1:16
I have also been faced with just how much of a blessing it is to rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn. The Lord rubs me raw with this. It is so taxing, yet as much as it is taxing it is more rewarding. I found myself praying to stay raw the other day. When I think of something raw I think about when a sore is raw it is extremely sensitive to touch, you can't help but to be aware of it all of the time. It may hurt, but it is tended to. I want to be raw for Jesus. I want to be sensitive to His will and the small whispers of the Spirit. I don't want to think I can do things on my own. I want to seek the Healing power of my Savior day in and day out.

Lots of opportunities have fallen in my lap to serve the Lord in many different ways. Prayers for discernment would be great! :)



No comments: