Friday, September 12, 2008

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

I just know everyone out there in the blog world has been biting their nails in anticipation on my next blog. Yeah, right. Really though--it has been a while. There is a reason for this....

I have had NO TIME! Ok, usually I might exaggerate a little bit...but I'm not kidding when I say I've had no time. Between a serious kickin' my butt workload, Grad School, and other commitments I've made here and there I've been plum worn out. (I've always wanted to say that) If you were to look at my day planner (which has become my life-I'm honestly lost without it) you would think my 2 year old nephew had got a hold of it and just scribbled all over in every single little box. They are full. Just when I think that one inch by one inch box can't get anything else crammed into it, low and behold I do. I've been busy before, but not like this I don't think. It's not a day by day status, but a minute by minute. I literally have my days planned minute by minute.

8a.m. Dive into the work that was supposed to be done 3 days ago
8:01 a.m. Oh, wait...Call the person I forgot to yesterday
8:06 a.m. Fill out form needed by someone in 4 minutes
8:08 a.m. Breathe
8:09 a.m. Be reminded by the Lord that He is in control..

Ok, ok..you get the point. I should probably be more serious in letting you know that I love my job. I am so so so so blessed. You just don't even know. Is it stressful at times? Yes. Is it emotionally draining at times? Yes. Is it frustrating at times? Yes. Is it one of the many ways the Lord reveals Himself to me and how he shows me just how much he loves anyone and everyone regardless of their circumstances which then forces me to my knees in awe of an Almighty Creator? Absolutely. Despite not being able to sleep well because I'm so stressed, randomly bursting out in tears sitting at my desk, and having circles under my eyes, God is good!! He's more than good...He's marvelous! He's been allowing me to be apart of things that I will never be worthy of and revealing Himself to me through it all! He consistently reminds me that when I'm on empty is when I realize just home much I need Him for strength and sanity...for EVERYTHING!

OK, so this is going to make me sound old, but I don't care. I am so excited for tonight. You may be thinking I have some huge plans, might be going out, or wait...maybe even a date! Nope. I am picking up a movie on the way home, changing into comfy clothes, eating dinner, putting in a movie and eating popcorn. Gosh it's going to feel good to just sit and do nothing. Would it be awful of me to think that I deserve it? Well, regardless....movie and popcorn here I come!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AMEN SISTA!

you dont even know how much I mean that!

AMEN!

love from us! :-)