Monday, June 23, 2008

Bumpy Roads, Sand in teeth, and the Glory of God!

Hello all!! I am sitting here absolutly exhausted, yet so full of overflowing joy. Just as the last post, I will give you some highlights...

Visted the orphanage and saw tons of smiling, happy faces. Such a blessing.
Didn't get to stay at the camp just because of the far distance (you can breathe mom and dad) Although, it would have been awesome!! It was the first camp to be hit by the LRA since it's so close to the border of Sudan. We were able to hear some heart wrenching testimonies. My heart ached for them. It was so dark there...no hope, no joy. I pray the love of Christ will begin to dwell there. They need it so bad. I've seen TONS of miracles. When I say miracles, I mean miracles. I'll just leave it at that for now. I was able to speak to a group of about 100 and share my testimony and give them some encouagement and share what the Lord wanted them to hear that day. It was awesome. Praise God He uses me! I have also had the chance to shake hands and pray with and for those fighting HIV/AIDS. It is amazing to see those fighting such a trecherous disease having SO much joy! Truly an inspiration and challenges me. The people here at Favour of God had truly grown on me. I cried today just thinking about having to say goodbye in a couple of days. I have grown to love them. It's going to be exceptionally hard to say goodbye...but I should probably say it'll be more of a see you later. :) I have had the chance to sit down and truly listen to the unbelievable testimonies and stories of some young men who serve Christ as their Savior. We have laughed together, cried together, sang together, and praised God together. It just doesn't get any better than that!! Today we went into the 2nd largest military base in Uganda. Last week was the VERY first time the allowed any organization to enter. We walked straight in and went into the military hospital and shared the love of Christ with each and every person. Talk about awesome. A number of men surrendered their lives to Christ and a lot more received encouragement in their walk with Christ. I'm still amazed at how 'simple' it seemed. God blessed us! Then, tonight we went out with the Portable Bible School crew. Talk about an awesome opportunity. They teach doctrine and community health and parenting and TRUTH, TRUTH, TRUTH for 2 months. The team stays there in the camp for 2 months. So cool. Let me tell you, I have never praised God for a silent heaver before, but there is always a first. haha. The 3 hour ride to the camp tonight took out a number of people. It was SOOOOO bumpy and swervy and hot and made a number sick. The guy sitting next to me puked twice. If he had been a loud heaver I would have puked all over the place. Praise the Lord he wasn't!!! :) Although, it somehow got on the floor (bag must have broke) and I stuck my hand in it. I almost puked then too. Anyways, tomorrow we go to the prison to share the love of Christ with those so lost. I'm excited. God is doing so much here. Ok, I'm about to fall over I'm so tired and plus it's just about my time to hop in the shower/dripper :). Blessings to all!!! Talk to you soon!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be strong jessica!!! I know it can be hard being inroduced to death and distruction. Ill pray for your strength and courage. Im proud of you and keep up the great work!!!

Katherine Page said...

Happy birthday Sissy!

Love Mom & Dad




(using katie's account)