Wednesday, June 15, 2011

One Stone at a Time

“What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task.  I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow.  So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.  The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building.  By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it.  But each one should be careful how he builds.”  1 Corinthians 3:5-10
I took this picture the second or third week I was here.  It’s a picture of the foundation of the building that will soon be finished showers and toilets that is right beside my room.  I found myself completely intrigued by the process starting from the ground up.  I walked out one evening to see what progress had been made that day and saw this and for some reason found it to be just beautiful. 

Sitting here, over 3 months later, I know why.  He wanted to make a very clear point to me, and has brought me back to this picture, and more importantly, the message of this picture time and time again during these past 4 months.
  
 I am a big ‘ol boulder.

In a country that has the history such as South Sudan, there is much, much work to do…on so many levels.  I’ve found myself day in and day out going about the work God prepared the way for so long ago.  Many days I struggled with the tediousness of it.  Others, I was absolutely blown away by the unexpectedness of it all.  All of the days, I was being used as a boulder. 

One stone at a time His Kingdom is being revealed.  One stone at a time His Kingdom is growing.  One stone at a time lies of Satan are being extinguished.  One stone at a time the Holy Spirit is being welcomed.

To Him be all the glory, forever.

Can you believe it? Jenn, Ami, and the rest of the team are in route as I type this.  It’s so surreal.  I’ve got butterflies.  This time tomorrow, Lord willing, I will have welcomed them to my home here.  I am just so overwhelmed with just how sweet Jesus is to me.  He didn’t have to allow me the privilege of coming here.  He for SURE didn’t have to allow me the privilege and enormous blessing of having two of my closest friends joining me for the last week.  I would consider Him no less good if Jenn and Ami weren’t coming, but it just goes to prove that He knows how to woo me. He loves me so!

It’s bitter sweet, for sure.  Those are just words though.  They can’t really explain what’s going on in this heart of mine. I have so many loves in so many places, with one physical body.  This is life here, and makes me that much more excited to reach my real Home.  Nothing will be bitter. Only the sweet. 

Come, Lord Jesus, come.

Please pray for this next week.  I will be finishing up with my groups.  It will be so sweet and so hard.  I plan to wash their feet as one last way of serving them and being Jesus to them.  There a whole blog post on why I am choosing to do so; maybe the next one. I just know God has much in store.  I can’t wait to see all the Lord accomplishes in and through everyone.  Late night chats, star gazing, PJ praying time, and I’m sure many tears are in the VERY near future!! J Oh, and I’m not sure if I’ll get one more update in before heading home, so if not, I’ll see you on the other side!

LOVE!

No comments: