Tuesday, August 17, 2010

He will Lead the Way

I find myself wanting to be able to express and share with others just how awesome my time in adoption was. Each time I drastically fail at putting it into words because I truly believe living it was so much greater than words could explain. I will let some one else's words speak for themselves this time...


After sending out an email to the adoptive couples I have worked with informing them about all of the change and where God is leading me I received this one in response(I have been given permission to share):

Jessica,

I have been keeping up with your journey through your
Facebook (and your blog). It is amazing to see what God has done through
your life and the road he is leading you down. You will be forever in our
hearts. You were the one who called us to give us the news we were chosen
to be the parents of our children, you were there the day we met them, and the
day we signed the paperwork to make them ours "officially" even though they had
been ours in our hearts for a long time. You always told us God would lead
us to our children and He did, and I cannot imagine being a Mom to anyone else
other then the three God gave me. I know in the very beginning we had some
doubts, but you told us to pray about it and we did, we listened to God and
immediately after we put our full trust in Him he spoke to us loudly that these
were our children. You were there every step of the way in the
beginning to support us and we are so grateful for you!!!!

You will be in our prayers as you set out to Uganda and I know you will touch so many lives there, and show them all God's light because He definitely shines through you!!!!!

Take care!

Do I have to tell you how humbling this is? Not only did this family adopt, but they adopted 3 beautiful siblings!! What an example of submitting to the Lord and persevering through the doubts, fears, and tough times. Thank you, Lord for allowing me to be a part of this family's life and sweet journey. Look at these beautiful children!! :)



No comments: