Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The time is now.

Monday June 20th, 2011


So, it was decided I’d join Steve at the Bible School on Monday afternoon. He was set to teach on discipleship to the students and I was very interested in sitting in and observing. I not only wanted to observe Steve’s way of teaching, but also their responses. First thing that morning, Ami and I were dropped off at the church compound and I showed her around so she was able to take pictures of this and that. I realized as I was doing so just how much pride I took in showing her around. This place really had become home. Before we knew it, it was lunch time so Ami, Steve, and I headed over to the Seed Effect office to eat lunch with everyone there as I had done just about every single day since being in South Sudan. After lunch we headed over to the Bible School classroom.

I sat there and watched as Steve reviewed and taught on discipleship to all of the students. I was encouraged. A lot of the things I had processed through myself while being there..the things that work, those that don’t..my successes and failures…a lot of that was brought into his teaching. I slowly began to feel like I was watching live in slow motion as the Lord began to prick the ears of my heart…

“Nothing you do for me is in vain.”

“The work you have done for me is of far greater worth than you even realize”

“Remember, my timing is perfect.”

I had the enormous realization that all I had been working towards was right there in front of me.

It was overwhelming.

                               Powerful.

                                             Beautiful.

                                                          Encouraging.

                                                                            Worshipful.

I had many conversations throughout the 4 months about just how to get discipleship out there in a larger realm- a larger, more effective way. I just knew the Bible students were the key, but for one reason or another it just hadn’t happened.

Now, I watched and listened as the students grasped it all. They got it. Not only did they get it, they were excited about it! I had to keep myself from getting overly emotional as I sat there on the side of the room observing. Yet again, He spoke…

“Soon, your time will be done here, but not the work I am doing. It will continue.”

“As much as you love these people, I love them more. “

“I will make myself known.”

Although unplanned, Steve was asked to come back the next day. They wanted to practice facilitating the discipleship groups and come back the next day to share and confirm they understood in knowledge and application.

The time was now.

No comments: