Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The time has come...again!


Hello!

I can’t believe a full year has come and gone since my amazing trip to Uganda last summer. I find myself extremely privileged and giddy at the opportunity to write again, informing you of my second trip to Uganda, Africa this summer. I knew coming home from Uganda last June that I would want to return if the opportunity arose, and the Lord has seen that this will be so!
I will be heading back to Uganda on June 28th and returning on July 13th, 2009. This year we are a team of 4. Eric, Rachael, Sherri, and I are working hard to get everything in place and ready to go! Just as last year, I will be serving the majority of my time in Gulu, Uganda, where Favor of God Ministries is located. My dear friend, Norma Caddell, is still serving as a full time missionary there in Gulu and the team and I are anxiously waiting to serve alongside her. This year, as I did last year, I will be able to help with medical missions in the IDP (internally displaced people) camps serving to do basic wound care. I will also be able to minister in the Ugandan Prison, Military Hospital, and HIV/AIDS clinic. Words cannot express the excitement I have to see again the sweet faces of the children at Favor of God’s orphanage, House of Hope; not to mention the staff of Favor of God that became family to me while in Uganda. My heart aches to hug their necks, shake their hands, and serve with a purpose in a country that still desperately needs Love and Hope.
I do not take this calling lightly, and ask that you lift me and the other team members up in prayer as we journey to do the Lord’s work in a place where a 23 year war has paid an unimaginable toll on the people.

The total cost of this trip is approximately $3,000. Approximately $2,000 of this sum is for the airfare alone. The rest covers lodging, transport, food, and humanitarian aid to Favor of God ministries and the local villages. I am forever grateful for your support in prayer and ask also to please pray and consider if you are to graciously make a financial investment in this work. I would be honored and greatly appreciative of your financial support. Gifts may be sent to my church as a tax deductible contribution: Waxahachie Bible Church, 621 North Grand Ave., Waxahachie, TX 75165. Please make sure to write “Jessica Page-Uganda” on the Memo line of your check. All support goes directly and only to me. If you are unable to help me financially, please know I completely understand and would be just as grateful for your support in prayer!
If time and resources permit, I will be writing about my experiences while in Africa at here on this blog . Please feel free to check in for the latest updates!
Blessings,
Jessica

No comments: